The Landing’s Mission is to provide:
We aim to provide support, guidance, and a shoulder to lean on to those facing homelessness within our community. We help to navigate available resources; from housing and clothing, to meals and medical care, The Landing MN works to help these individuals make positive steps forward.
Because everyone needs a soft place to land.
Here is what they’ve told us the needs are:
- Basic t-shirts – all sizes (black, white, navy, grey)
- Jeans – men and women
- Men’s jeans, waist sizes 32, 34 & 36 with 32 or 34 inseam are the most needed sizes for our friends.
- With that said, most of the women that we work with are on the smaller size so smaller sized jeans are helpful.
- Also the ladies love leggings!
- Sweatshirts and sweatpants
- Hoodies are much more in demand than standard sweatshirts, but we will be thrilled with either.
- Stocking caps
- Water resistant gloves are also a high demand item.
- Any men’s outdoor type, waterproof boots/shoes for the winter would be greatly appreciated as well.
- Work boots – preferably steel toed, insulated
- Sleeping bags
- Non-perishable snacks
- Travel-sized toiletries
- Tennis shoes